Establish statewide GHG emissions limits.
- Date Due:
- Responsible Entity:
- Establish statewide GHG emissions limits.
- Following at least one public hearing, DEC must establish the following statewide GHG limits: 60% of 1990 emissions by 2030, and 15% of 1990 emissions by 2050.
- EXECUTED: on August 19, 2020, DEC proposed regulations to implement statewide GHG limits. DEC finalized the regulations on December 15, 2020.
- CLCPA § 2 adds new ECL § 75-0107(1)-(2).
CLCPA § 75-0107(1)-(2): "Statewide greenhouse gas emissions limits.
1. No later than one year after the effective date of this article, the department shall, pursuant to rules and regulations promulgated after at least one public hearing, establish a statewide greenhouse gas emissions limit as a percentage of 1990 emissions, as estimated pursuant to section 75-0105 of this article, as follows:
a. 2030: 60% of 1990 emissions.
b. 2050: 15% of 1990 emissions.
2. Greenhouse gas emission limits shall be measured in units of carbon 31 dioxide equivalents and identified for each individual type of greenhouse gas."