Articles, Blogs & Other Materials
- Webinar: Model Local Law to Increase Resilience, April 20, 2021.
- Planning For a Climate Resilient Electric Bus Fleet, Lauren Bailey, Director of Climate Policy, Tri-State Transportation Campaign, ElectrifyNY, October 2020
- New York Calls on Insurers to Address Climate-Related Financial Risks, Elizabeth Blosfield, September 22, 2020, Insurance Journal
- DFS sets out first climate guidelines for New York's insurers, Sept. 22, 2020, Insurance ERM
- Rise 2 Resilience Platform
- In June 2019, the Department of State prepared model local laws that include consideration of future physical climate risk.
- New York’s New Sea Level Rise Projections Will Affect Land Use, Infrastructure”, Michael Gerrard and Edward McTiernan, New York Law Journal, March 8, 2017
- Local Law Provisions for Climate Change Adaptation, Sabin Center, Justin Gundlach and P. Dane Warren, May 2016
- “New Statute Requires State Agencies to Consider Climate Risks,” New York Law Journal, November 13, 2014
- Gundlach, J. “Local Law Provisions for Climate Change Adaptation” May 2016. Columbia Law School. Sabin Center for Climate Change Law.
- New Statute Requires State Agencies to Consider Climate Risks,” New York Law Journal, November 13, 2014
- “New York Environmental Legislation And Regulations in 2014,” New York Law Journal, January 15, 2015
New York environmental justice leaders propose new definition for ‘disadvantaged communities’, Emily Pontecorvo, Feb. 2, 2022.
NY Cites Climate Law In Rejecting Power Plant Retrofits, Keith Goldberg, Oct. 27, 2021
DEC denies natural gas power plants based on its climate law, a first for New York, Joshua Solomon, Oct. 27, 2021
Governor Hochul Announces Expanded NY-Sun Program to Achieve at Least 10 Gigawatts of Solar Energy by 2030, New York State, Sept. 24, 2021
The next test for environmental justice policy? Defining 'disadvantaged communities.', Emily Pontecorvo, Grist, July 22, 2021
The Council Implementing New York's Climate Law Is Stacked With Industry Executives, Lee Harris, New York Focus, July 6, 2021
ACE New York NYS Climate Law -- updates on the implementation of the CLCPA
2 years after passing a landmark climate law, New York has no plan to fund it, Lee Harris, Grist, Apr. 30, 2021
- N.Y. announces 'game-changer' for renewables, David Iaconangelo, E&E News, January 14, 2021.
- Recommendations on Compliance with Investment Mandate, NY Renews Coalition, 2020
- Big Pollution, Big Influence: Power Companies Ramp Up Spending in Albany, Targeting Climate Laws. PEAK Coalition, NY Renewals Coalition, and New York Lawyers for Public Influence. 2020.
- Is Trump Holding Congestion Pricing in New York City Hostage? Ilana Cohen, Inside Climate News, December 8, 2020.
- Cuomo Strengthens RGGI, to Cap, Reduce New York GHG Emissions, Matthew Mercure, north american Wind Power, December 2, 2020.
- Climate Action Council Establishes Waste Advisory Panel, Marie J. French, Twitter, November 24, 2020.
- New York's Climate Law Reveal's Potential Challenges for Biden's Plan, Amelia Murray -Cooper, Climate X Change, November, 17,2020.
- Harmonizing States' Energy Utility Regulation Frameworks and Climate Laws: a Case Study of New York, Justin Gundlach and Elizabeth B. Stein, Energy Bar Association, November 15, 2020.
- New York faces a long road on electric vehicle commitments, Marie J. French, Politico, November 10, 2020.
- N.Y. finalizes grid plan seen as major shift for renewables, David Iaconangelo, E&E News Publication, October 19, 2020.
- New York expands state clean energy standard, moves to boost renewables use in the Big Apple, Robert Walton, Utility Dive, October 16, 2020
- Governor Cuomo Announces PSC Approval of Expanded Clean Energy Standard to Decarbonize NewYork's Power Sector and Combat Climate Change, Governor's Press Office, October 15, 2020.
- Aligning Crossed Policy Wires Can Help Achieve CLCPA Goals, David Friedfel and Julie Tighe, NYLCV, Sept. 2020
- During Climate Week, Governor Cuomo Announces $50 Million Empire Building Challenge to Combat Climate Change and Create Jobs, Sept. 22, 2020
- Aligning Crossed Policy Wires Can Help Achieve CLCPA Goals, Citizens Budget Commission and NYLCV, David Friedfel and Julie Tighe, Sept. 2020
- Leveraging State Funds for Clean Energy: Lessons from New York State, Columbia SIPA, Richard L. Kauffman & David Sandalow, Sept. 10, 2020
- N.Y. grid operator kicks off rules to boost battery storage, E&E News, Arianna Skibell, Sept. 9, 2020
- Public Hearings on proposed Statewide Greenhouse Gas Emissions Limits Rule October 20, 2020, NYSERDA, Sept. 2, 2020
- Methane emissions from fossil fuels: exploring recent changes in greenhouse-gas reporting requirements for the State of New York, Robert W. Howarth, Aug. 25, 2020
- Over 20 percent energy use reduction in New York State buildings since 2010, InformNY, Isabella Colello, Aug. 24, 2020
- New York State Agencies Issue 2018-19 'GreenNY Report' on Green, Sustainable Practices, NY DEC, Aug. 23, 2020
- Climate Justice Working Group holds first meeting under 2019 state Climate Act, NNY360, Ellis Giacomelli, Aug. 13, 2020
- Cuomo pulls plug on $3B climate bond, citing virus, Adam Aton, E&E News, July 31, 2020
- LIPA Request that PSC Determine Long Island Needs Offshore Wind Transmission, July 30, 2020
- Advocates push NYPA to shut New York City Peakers, Marie J French, Politico, July 28,2020
- Governor Cuomo Announces Clean Energy Investments to Benefit Over 350,000 Low-to-Moderate Income Households, July 27, 2020
- N.Y. announces largest-ever solicitation for renewables, David Iaconangelo, E&E News, July 22, 2020
- One year later, what has New York’s landmark climate law accomplished?, Rachel Ramirez, Grist, July 18, 2020
- Raising the Bar In New York: How a Broad Coalition Used Evidence-based Advocacy
, Maritza Silva-Farrell, Eddie Bautista, & Nathan Willcox
- to Win the Nation’s Strongest Climate Law
- New York utility customers will subsidize $700M electric vehicle program, Marie J. French, Politico, July 17, 2020
- New York’s EV plan is missing a very important piece: trucks and buses, Elizabeth Stein, EDF Blog, July 16, 2020
- Climate Action Council June 24, 2020: Materials
- State Agencies Advance Efforts to Address Environmental Justice and Support Disadvantaged Communities, NY DEC, June 23, 2020
- N.Y.'s 100% clean energy chief heads for the exit, David Iaconangelo, E&E News, June 15, 2020
- 1 Year Later, NY Struggles to Act on Landmark Climate Law, Benjamin Storrow, Climate Wire, June 11, 2020
- Letter to CAC to Express Concern that CAC Has Not Convened Second Meeting, NY Renews, June 9, 2020
- Clean Energy Standard Report, Marie French, Politico, June 2, 2020
- Gas Regulation for a Decarbonized New York, Synapse, June 2020
- New York to Lower Cap on Emissions Under Carbon Trading Program, Keshia Clukey, Bloomberg, April 29, 2020
- NYISO studies grid future, Samantha Maldonado and Marie J. French, Politico, March 8, 2020
- The effect of New York's new climate law on municipalities: Deep but uncertain, Michael B. Gerrard, New York zoning law and practice report, November/December 2019
- What It Takes to Implement the Climate Protection Act in New York, Stephanie Lai, Columbia Spectator, Oct. 24, 2019
- New Climate Law Will Reshape NY's Key Sectors, Michael B. Gerrard and Edward McTiernan, New York Law Journal, July 11, 2019
- The heat is on, New York: A new climate law is a major landmark, but now requires work and sacrifice, Michael B. Gerrard, New York Daily News, June 23, 2019
- How New York is trying to build lots of renewables, fast, Emily Pontecorvo, grist, November 30, 2020.
- N.Y. unveils grid plan to reach 100% clean energy, David Iaconangelo, E&E News, July 9, 2020
- New York PSC Issues Two Important Clean Energy Orders, Cullen Howe, NRDC Blog, May 26, 2020
- Essential Investment in New York’s Grid is on the Horizon; NY PSC Sets the Course for Major Transmission Planning and Upgrades, Hodgson Russ Renewable Energy Alert, May 26, 2020
- New York's New Statute on Siting Renewable Energy Facilities, NY Law Journal (May 14, 2020)