Join a virtual panel discussion highlighting government approaches to advancing environmental justice across the United States, as well as the grassroots activism that brought us to where we are.
Representatives from city and state governments and environmental justice advocates will share their experiences and perspectives on advancing equity and climate justice at the local level.
- Peggy Shepard, Co-founder and Executive Director of WE ACT for Environmental Justice and Member of the White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council
- Lylianna Allala, Climate Justice Director at the City of Seattle
- Adriana Espinoza, Senior Advisor for Environmental Justice at the NYC Mayor's Office
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- Additional speakers to be confirmed
This event is hosted by the New York City Mayor's Office of Climate and Sustainability and the Columbia University Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, and Columbia Climate School as a part of Climate Week NYC.
Hosted annually by the Climate Group in partnership with the United Nations, COP26, and the City of New York, Climate Week NYC is a global opportunity for climate leaders to come together to accelerate climate action, share best practices, and assess progress ahead of COP26.